Board of Directors
Dark Nectar Cooperative is governed by an elected Board of Directors. To be on the Board, you must be either a Worker Owner or Community Investor. The Board of Directors is annually nominated by worker-owners and community investors, however only worker-owners may vote at Board elections. The term of Directors shall be 2 years.
The Board meets monthly, typically on the third Monday of the month from 5-6:30pm, in San Diego.
The Board has three primary duties.
- To ensure sound management of the Co-op
- To act as trustees on behalf of the membership
- To set long-range goals and plan for the future
To fulfill these responsibilities, the Board of Directors focuses on four key areas:
- Hiring and evaluating Co-op management
- Financial oversight
- Long-range strategic planning
- Recruitment of potential directors
If you are interested in serving on the Board of Directors, please contact email@example.com